In this article, we are sharing the information regarding NPCIL recruitment through GATE 2021 – Notification, Eligibility, Cutoff, Previous Year Paper, Age Limit, Important Dates. Read this article if you are interested to work as an engineer in Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited.
Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited has invited online applications from qualified candidates for Executive Trainees E-1 level post through GATE 2018, 2019 & 2020 Exam. The candidates will be selected based on GATE 2020, GATE 2019 and GATE 2018 score and/or interview. The total number of vacancies are 200. The applications have to be submitted online on the official website of NPCIL, the link for which is given at the end of the post. The candidates have to submit the applications on or before the last date i.e 09th March 2021. All the important details like educational qualifications, pay scale etc. is mentioned in the official notification. This is a good opportunity to work in the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL).
The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) is an Indian public sector undertaking based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is wholly owned by the Government of India and is responsible for the generation of nuclear power for electricity. NPCIL is administered by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
Quick Facts about NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2020/2019/2018
|Name of PSU||Nuclear Power Corporation Of India Ltd. (NPCIL)|
|Type||Public Sector Organization (PSU)|
|Disciplines||Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial And Fire Safety|
|No of vacancies||200|
Job Details :
Job Profile : Executive Trainee
Number of Vacancies :
- BE / B-Tech / BSc (Engineering) / 5 year Integrated M-Tech with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in one of the 7 engineering disciplines mentioned in the Table above from a recognized University / Deemed University or Institute recognized by AICTE / UGC. A minimum of 60% marks means the marks as per the ordinances of the respective university.
- Applicants must have a valid GATE-2018 or GATE-2019 or GATE-2020 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline (except for Industrial & Fire Safety discipline).
- For Industrial & Fire Safety discipline, applicants must have a valid GATE-2018 or GATE-2019 or GATE-2020 Score in Mechanical / Chemical discipline with engineering degree as indicated in the table above.
- *Related degree disciplines such as ‘Electrical’, ‘Electronics & Communication’, ‘Electronics and Controls’ are also eligible to apply under Electronics. However, such candidates must qualify on the basis of a valid GATE score in Electronics. #Candidates with degree disciplines ‘Electrical & Electronics’ or ‘Electronics & Instrumentation’ can apply under either of the disciplines (Electrical or Electronics etc). However, such candidates must qualify on the basis of a valid GATE score in the discipline in which they wish to be considered.
- Candidates who have done 5 years integrated course leading to M-Tech with a minimum of 60% marks in the relevant discipline may also apply subject to fulfilling other laid down criteria.
- Only the above mentioned disciplines will be considered. Courses / Disciplines with equivalence to the above will not be considered.
Final Year Students Eligible?
- Applicants whose final results are awaited and / or are appearing for the final year / semester examination during 2020, but are otherwise eligible, may also apply. If selected, they will be required to submit the final result indicating completion of degree and percentage of marks (not less than 60%) at the time of joining.
Engineering Degrees allowed
Electrical & Electronics
Electronics & Communication
Electronics & Telecommunication
Electronics & Controls
Electronics & Instrumentation
Instrumentation & Controls
Instrumentation & Electronics
Minimum Percentage in Graduation:
- Minimum of 60% aggregate marks in one of the 6 engineering disciplines mentioned in the Table below A minimum of 60% marks means the marks as per the ordinances of the respective university.
Age Limits :
Upper Age Limit: (As on 02 April 2020)
Upper Age Limit (years)
Born on or after
|OBC (relaxation – 03 years)||
|SC/ST (relaxation – 05 years)||
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (degree of disability 40% and above) (relaxation – 10 years)||
|PwBD – General/EWS Category||
|PwBD – OBC Category||
|PwBD – SC/ST Category||
|Dependents of those who died in riots of 1984 (Dep 1984) (relaxation – 5 years)||
|Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 (Dom Kashmir) (relaxation – 5
|Ex-servicemen and commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers or Short Service Commissioned Officers
(Relaxation – 5 years)
For applicants eligible for age relaxation in more than one category, cumulative age relaxation available is subject to a maximum of 56 years.
There is no age limit for employees serving in NPCIL who otherwise fulfil the prescribed criteria.
If there are no posts reserved for reserved category; reserved category applicants can apply against unreserved posts; provided they meet all the criteria prescribed for unreserved applicants.
They will not be considered for any relaxation/concession at any stage in the entire recruitment process.
NPCIL Salary :
Stipend – During Training
Monthly Stipend – Rs. 35,000/-
One time Book Allowance – Rs. 10,000/-
Mandatory Lodging & Boarding – In accommodation as provided by NPCIL.
NPCIL Salary And Perks/Facility After 7th Pay Commission
After successful completion of training, Executive Trainee will be appointed as Scientific Officer/C in Group ‘A’ as detailed below :
Pay Level in the Pay Matrix
Pay in the Pay Matrix
Dearness Allowance (DA)
|12% of Pay in the Pay
Matrix (as on 01.01.2019)
DA # Dearness Allowance. DA is based on the rates notified by Government of India from time to time.
In addition to emoluments as above, following allowances, incentives & facilities are also available as per extant rules depending on place of posting:
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance/Leased Accommodation Facility/Housing
- Site Location Allowance
- Professional Update Allowance (Annual)
Employee Benefits & Miscellaneous Facilities :
- Leave Travel Concession (LTC)/LTC Encashment for self & family
- Leave and Leave Encashment
- Medical Facility for Self & Dependents
- Education Facility for children within township
- Children Education Assistance
- Reimbursement of Cable TV Charges
- Reimbursement of Mobile Phone Charges
- Reimbursement of Electricity Charges/Free Electricity Units
- Reimbursement of News Paper Charges
- Reimbursement of Membership fees for Professional Institution
Performance Linked Incentive
Loans & Advances :
Interest bearing advances (for House Building, General Purpose)
Retirement Benefits/Social Security Schemes :
- Employees Provident Fund
- Post-Retirement Medical Care
- Payment of Ex-gratia to Families of Employees who Die While in Service and missing employees
- Benevolent Fund
NPCIL GATE 2020/2019/2018 Application Form Details :
How to apply :
- First fill online application for GATE- 2020/2019/2018 examination.
- Second fill NPCIL online application with GATE-2020/2019/2018 registration number.
Application Link : Click Here
Application Fee :
- Male Candidates (General/OBC/EWS) – Rs. 500/-
- Reserved Category (SC/ST/PwBD/DODPKIA/Women/NPCIL Employees) – Fee Exempted
NPCIL Previous Year Cutoff :
|1.||Release of NPCIL Advertisement – GATE 2020/2019/2018||February 2021|
|1||Release of NPCIL Application – GATE 2020/2019/2018||23rd February 2021|
|2||Last date for submission of NPCIL Application||03rd March 2021|
NPCIL GATE 2020/2019/2018 Selection Procedure Details :
1- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of GATE-2020/2019/2018 score.
2- The final selection will be done after Group Discussion (GD) & Personal Interviews (PI).
Selection Criteria :
- Waiting For Official Notification
NPCIL – Service Agreement:
Training & Placement :
The selected candidates will be required to undergo one year orientation training in any of the Training Facilities situated at various locations such as Tarapur Maharashtra Site, Rawatbhata Rajasthan Site, Kalpakkam, Tamil Nadu, Kaiga Karnataka and Kudankulam, Tamil Nadu etc.
Those trainees who complete one year orientation training successfully, will be appointed as Scientific Officer/C and will be liable to be posted at one of the Units/Sites/Upcoming Projects/Offices of NPCIL located in different parts of the country.
Selected candidates are required to execute an agreement, a personal indemnity bond for ` 4,30,000/- (Rupees Four Lakhs Thirty Thousand Only) and a service bond to serve NPCIL for at least three years after successful completion of training.
Question: Where should I send print out of Online Application form?
Answer: Print out of Online Application form is NOT TO BE SENT. Only candidates shortlisted for interview are required to carry with them the printout of ‘Online Application Form’ along with other essential documents mentioned in the advertisement while appearing for interview.
Should I send the copies of certificates/documents regarding my qualification, caste, disablement etc?
Answer: DO NOT SEND any documents to NPCIL.
Question: I am ME/M Tech, Can I apply?
Answer: Yes. Provided you have passed the engineering degree-BE/B Tech/B Sc (Engineering) in the prescribed discipline with a minimum 60% marks as stipulated in the advertisement.
Question: In my Degree Course, only CGPA/GPA/SGPA or letter grade has been awarded in place of percentage of marks. Can I enter the grade in my application?
Answer: Applicants, who have been awarded CGPA/GPA/SGPA or letter grades, should follow the conversion table of the Institute/College/University from wherever they have passed. Applicants called for interview will be required to produce the authenticated conversion table from the Institute/College/University. If not, standard formula provided by AICTE will be applied to derive the percentage of marks.
Question: I have appeared for my final Semester/Year Examinations and the results are yet to be announced. Am I eligible to apply?
Answer:Yes. However, applicants selected and offered traineeship would be required to submit the final results at the time of joining.
Question: I have submitted my application online, but have forgotten the Registration Number and also did not take a print out of the ‘Online Application Form’. What do I do?
Answer: You may check your e-mail. After registration, an e-mail will be sent to each applicant along with the registration number and name. ‘Online Application Form’ will be required at the time of Interview only, if shortlisted for the same.
Question: How can I check the status of my application?
Answer: You can click “Applicant’s Login” menu and check the status of your application on this website by entering your relevant details.
Question: How can I pay my Application fee?
Answer: Payment of application fee should be made through State Bank Collect online mode only.
Question: Can I send a Cheque/DD/Bank Challan in lieu of the State Bank Collect?
Question: I am a SC/ST/OBC/EWS Applicant but don’t have the caste/category certificate. Can I apply as a General Applicant?
Answer: If you so desire, you may apply stating your category as “General”, if eligible for General category. In such an event, your candidature will be considered as “GENERAL” and no change in category shall be allowed at a later date. No relaxation/concessions will be applicable to you.
Question: I am working in a Government/Public Sector Company. Should I enclose an NOC from my employer while appearing for interview?
Answer: Shortlisted applicants working in Central/State Government/PSUs/Aided Institutions should bring “No Objection Certificate” from the organisation without which they will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
Question: Explain ‘Application Fee’.
Answer: A non-refundable application fee of ` 500/-(Rupees Five Hundred Only) is chargeable to only the male applicants in General, OBC and EWS categories. The applicable bank charges are to be borne by the applicant. Women, applicants belonging to SC/ST category, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA), PwBDs and employees of NPCIL are exempted from payment of application fee.
Question: I have studied AMIE. Am I eligible to apply against this advertisement?
Question: I have not received the activation email when I completed my registration. Why?
Answer: The activation email could have been delivered to the spam/junk folder of your email account. So please check in these folders.
Question: I have not received any SMS when I completed my registration. Why?
Answer: If the mobile number you have registered is in the TRAI NCPR list (formerly called DND), you will not receive SMS alerts related to the registration. If you want to receive future SMS alerts from NPCIL related to recruitment of ET2020, please remove your mobile number from the NCPR list through your service provider.
Question: I have got 5 years integrated (duel degree). How should I apply?
Answer: You can apply by selecting the 5 year integrated M Tech option given in the UG degree column of the application entry form.
Question: If my B.E. /B.Tech. /B.Sc. (Engg.) degree is in subjects like “Electrical & Electronics”, “Electronics & Instrumentation”, then under what discipline can I apply?
Answer: Candidates having dual degree can apply under one discipline only for which they had appeared for GATE examination and which has explicit mention in their qualification either as a first discipline or second discipline e.g. candidates with degrees in disciplines like “Electrical & Electronics” or “Electronics & Instrumentation” may apply under any one of the two relevant disciplines i.e. “Electrical” or “Electronics” in the former case and “Electronics” or “Instrumentation” in the latter case. However, a candidate wishing to be considered under a given discipline must have a valid GATE2018/GATE-2019/GATE-2020 score in the same discipline. Such candidates are not permitted to simultaneously apply under both the disciplines.